Chapathi is a staple food of north India. It is a simple and healthy food made of wheat flour, salt and water. It goes well it a side dish(subzi). This is one of the simplest way to make chapathi.
|Wheat flour||– 2 cups|
|Water||– 1¼ cups|
|Powdered salt||– 1 tsp.|
|Oil||– 2 tbsp.|
- Take a broad vessel and mix wheat flour and salt.
- Add water little by little and mix to a smooth and soft dough.
- Add 2 tsp. of oil at the end and mix.
- The dough should be soft and firm.
- Take lemon sized equal balls.
- Use wheat flour for dusting and roll chappathis using rolling pin to a thin circle.
- Heat a tawa and put the chapatti and pour 1 tsp. of oil.
- Turn around after one minute and cook by pouring 1 tsp. of oil.
- Remove from fire and serve hot.