Aloo Gobi Masala is a favourite dish of many people. This recipe is a restaurant style recipe with aloo and gobi cooked in the gravy itself. This makes the aloo gobi masala very tasty. I generally use Kashmiri chilli powder to get the rich red colour. You can serve aloo gobi with rotis, paranthas and even fried rice.
Aloo Gobi Masala - Restaurant Style
- Cauliflower - 1 small
- Potato - 2 medium
- Big Onion - 1
- Red Chilli powder - ¾ tsp.
- Dhania powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
- Garam masala - ½ tsp.
- Curd - 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves - a handful chopped finely
- Big Onion - 1
- Tomatoes - 2
- Ginger - ¼ inch piece
- Garlic - 3
- Oil - 2 tsp.
- Cinnamon - a piece
- Cloves - 2
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp.
- Chop and grind the ingredients given for grinding to a fine paste without adding water and keep aside.
- Clean the potaotes and peel the skin and cut into small pieces and keep immersed in water till you need.
- Boil 2 to 3 cups of water and add little salt and turmeric powder in it.
- Add the chopped cauliflower in it and switch off the stove and close the lid.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes and drain the water. This is done to clean the cauliflower from worms if any.
- In a pan heat oil and add the items for seasoning and allow jeera to crackle.
- Then add onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Now add the onion tomato paste along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhania powder and garam masala powders with required salt.
- Mix well and fry for few minutes until raw smell goes.
- Now add the aloo and gobi and 1 cup of water.
- Cook the vegetables by keeping covered till it becomes soft.
- In the mean time, beat the curd well and keep it ready.
- Once the vegetables turn soft and gravy has blended well , boil till oil separates in medium flame.
- When the oil starts to separate, add curd and mix well.
- Then add coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
- You can serve aloo gobi masala with roti, paranthas, poori and fried rice.