Aloo Gobi Masala is a favourite dish of many people. This recipe is a restaurant style recipe with aloo and gobi cooked in the gravy itself. This makes the aloo gobi masala very tasty. I generally use Kashmiri chilli powder to get the rich red colour. You can serve aloo gobi with rotis, paranthas and even fried rice.
|Cauliflower||– 1 small|
|Potato||– 2 medium|
|Big Onion||– 1|
|Red Chilli powder||– ¾ tsp.|
|Dhania powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Garam masala||– ½ tsp.|
|Curd||– 2 tbsp.|
|Coriander leaves||– a handful (chopped finely)|
|Big Onion||– 1|
|Ginger||– ¼ inch piece|
|Oil||– 2 tsp.|
|Cinnamon||– a piece|
|Cumin seeds||– ½ tsp.|
- Chop and grind the ingredients given for grinding to a fine paste without adding water and keep aside.
- Clean the potaotes and peel the skin and cut into small pieces and keep immersed in water till you need.
- Boil 2 to 3 cups of water and add little salt and turmeric powder in it.
- Add the chopped cauliflower in it and switch off the stove and close the lid.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes and drain the water. This is done to clean the cauliflower from worms if any.
- In a pan heat oil and add the items for seasoning and allow jeera to crackle.
- Then add onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Now add the onion tomato paste along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhania powder and garam masala powders with required salt.
- Mix well and fry for few minutes until raw smell goes.
- Now add the aloo and gobi and 1 cup of water.
- Cook the vegetables by keeping covered till it becomes soft.
- In the mean time, beat the curd well and keep it ready.
- Once the vegetables turn soft and gravy has blended well , boil till oil separates in medium flame.
- When the oil starts to separate, add curd and mix well.
- Then add coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
- You can serve aloo gobi masala with roti, paranthas, poori and fried rice.