Methi dhal is a delicious Indian dish that is made with lentils and fenugreek leaves. It is a simple and healthy dish that is packed with protein and other essential nutrients. In this blog post, we will explore the history and benefits of methi dhal, as well as provide a recipe for you to try at home.
Fenugreek leaves, also known as methi leaves, are a popular herb in Indian cuisine and are known for their many health benefits. They are high in fiber, protein, and iron, which makes them a great addition to any diet.
Lentils, on the other hand, are a great source of protein and are also high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are a staple in Indian cuisine and are used in a variety of dishes, including soups, stews, and curries.
When combined, lentils and fenugreek leaves create a delicious and nutritious dish that is not only healthy but also easy to prepare. Methi dhal is a great option for vegetarians and vegans, as it is a plant-based protein source that is both filling and satisfying.
Methi dhal goes well with chapathis or rice.
- Moong Dhal – ½ cup
- Methi leaves – 1 cup
- Green chilly – 1
- Onion – 1 small
- Tomato – 1
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Mustard – ½ tsp.
- Jeera – ½ tsp.
- Red chilly – 1
- Cut Onions and tomatoes into fine pieces.
- Slit green chilly lengthwise.
- Soak dal in enough water with a pinch of turmeric.
- Clean the methi leaves and add this to it along with chilly, tomato and onion.
- Pressure cook till 1 whistle.
- Open the cooker and add salt.
- Season with mustard, jeera and red chillies.
- Serve as a side dish to chapathi or rice.