Tofu is prepared by pressing soya milk to solid blocks. Tofu is a good for vegetarians and vegans as it is fully plant based product. Tofu is gluten free. Tofu contains several anti-inflammatory, antioxidant phyto-chemicals making it a great addition to an anti-inflammatory diet. Tofu is also a good source of ‘complete’ protein – meaning that it has a well balanced amino acid profile – in addition to fiber, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper and manganese.
I have prepared tofu 65 which is an adaptation from paneer 65. As I am diabetic, I am always searching for healthy option to add to my diet.You can serve this with fried rice or roti.
- Tofu – 200 g. pack
- Rice Flour – 4 tbsp.
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp.
- Garlic Cloves – 8
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Green Chillies – 1
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – as needed
- Lemon – 1
- Curd – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – for deep frying
For The Coating:
- Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Green Chilly – 1 slit lengthwise
- Curry Leaves – a handful
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tsp.
- Salt – little
- Curd – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 1 tbsp.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies to a coarse paste.
- In a vessel, take rice flour, corn flour, balck pepper powder, red chilli powder, ground green chilli ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice and curd and mix well.
- Cut tofu into cubes and add to this and mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and deep fry the tofu pieces. You can also air fry the tofu pieces.
- Ina non stick pan, heat oil and add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and onions and fry till raw smell goes.
- Now add red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and salt and mix well in high flame.
- Now add the curd and water and when it boils, keep in simmer and cook for a minute.
- Now add the fried tofu and mix well till the tofu is coated well.
- Serve hot with roti or fried rice.
- If you are a vegan, you can avoid adding curd to this and make this recipe. You can add lemon juice instead