This is a Punjabi dish which is cooked in perfection in a kadai in medium flame. Punjabis cook the food in medium flame so that the taste blends with the gravy and the nutrients are not lost. I wanted to try this for a long time and yesterday only I got time to try this and it came out very well.
|Carrots||– 2 (cut into ¼ inch cubes)|
|French beans||– 10 to 12 (cut into ¼ inch pieces)|
|Cauliflower||-1 medum (clean and cut into florets)|
|Green peas||– ¼ cup|
|Dhania||– 1 tbsp.|
|Cumin seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Red chillies||– 3|
|Garlic||– 14 or 15 pieces|
|Green chillies||– 3|
|Ginger||– 1 inch piece|
|Oil or ghee||– 4 tbsps.|
|Onions||– 2 medium (cut into small pieces)|
|Tomatoes||– 3 large (chopped finely)|
|Garam masala powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
|coriander leaves||– a handful|
- Grind coriander and cumin seeds and three red chillies to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Grind garlic, green chillies and ginger to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the coarsely ground spice powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and sauté for a minute till raw smell goes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook well.
- Cook covered on low heat till carrots are almost done. Sprinkle a little water if needed.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, salt and half a cup of water and cook till the vegetables are cooked and the water has dries up. Cook in medium flame.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Kadai Vegetables with Roti.