This is a Punjabi dish which is cooked in perfection in a kadai in medium flame. Punjabis cook the food in medium flame so that the taste blends with the gravy and the nutrients are not lost. I wanted to try this for a long time and yesterday only I got time to try this and it came out very well. You can serve hot Kadai Vegetables with Roti.
- Carrots - 2 cut into ¼ inch cubes
- French beans - 10 to 12 cut into ¼ inch pieces
- Cauliflower -1 medum clean and cut into florets
- Green peas - ¼ cup
- Dhania - 1 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
- Red chillies - 3
- Garlic - 14 or 15 pieces
- Green chillies - 3
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Oil or ghee - 4 tbsps.
- Onions - 2 medium cut into small pieces
- Tomatoes - 3 large chopped finely
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- coriander leaves - a handful
- Grind coriander and cumin seeds and three red chillies to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Grind garlic, green chillies and ginger to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the coarsely ground spice powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and sauté for a minute till raw smell goes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook well.
- Cook covered on low heat till carrots are almost done. Sprinkle a little water if needed.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, salt and half a cup of water and cook till the vegetables are cooked and the water has dries up. Cook in medium flame.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Kadai Vegetables with Roti.