Ragi idly is a very healthy steamed breakfast which is very good for your health. For making Ragi idly, we have to soak the ragi and idly rice or par boiled rice and ured dhal and grind it to a coarse paste. then you have to ferment it and make like usual idlies. This idly tastes well with tomato chutney or any other tangy chutney.
Ragi is a low fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form. It has a much higher amount of dietary fiber compared to white rice and other grains.Regular consumption of Ragi has been found to reduce the risk of Diabetes Mellitus because of its high content of dietary fibers and polyphenols. Ragi has been proved to work wonders in bringing down blood cholesterol levels and is one of the best for heart health.
|Ragi||– 1 cup heaped|
|Idly Rice or Par boiled rice||– 1 cup heaped|
|Ured dhal||– ¼ cup|
|Salt||– 1 tsp.|
- Soak ragi, rice and ured together for 3 hours.
- Grind it to a smooth batter using grinder.
- At the end add salt and mix well.
- Keep it for 12 hours to ferment.
- Next day grease idly plates and keep like idlis and steam for 10 minutes.
- Your healthy Ragi idly is ready.
- It tastes well with coconut chutney, onion chutney or tomato chutney.