Plain paratha is simple and easy to make. we make roti and paratha with the same ingredients. But there is a difference in making plain paratha. The rolling style and the method of cooking gives a great difference in taste.
|Wheat Flour||–||2 cups|
|Salt||–||as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Water||–||for mixing the dough|
|Oil||–||2 tsp. for kneading the dough|
|Melted Ghee||–||for brushing and cooking|
- Take wheat flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Now slowly add water little by little and mix well to a soft dough.
- Close with a lid and keep aside for half an hour.
- Now grease your hands with oil and knead well for few minutes.
- Take a lemon sized ball and roll into a 5 inch circle by dusting some wheat flour.
- Now brush with little ghee and old into half.
- Again brush with ghee and fold this semi-circle to a triangle.
- Now roll this to a triangular paratha with some wheat flour for dusting.
- Like this roll all the dough into parathas and keep.
- Heat a tawa and cook the parathas both sides till you get brown spots by adding little ghee or oil.
- Serve hot with fresh curd and pickle.