Carrot halwa is a famous sweet dish made of carrots and milk. It is a traditional Sweet dish prepared by grating carrrots and cooking them in milk and sugar. But I have made changes and made this halwa, in which I chopped the carrots and cooked in milk. Then, I made it into a fine paste in a mixer and then added sugar to make Carrot halwa. This Halwa melts in the mouth.
Carrot halwa is usually preapred during festival times like, Diwali, holi, etc. If you top this halwa in Vanilla ice cream, the taste will be very awesome.
|Carrots (diced into small pieces)||– 2 cups|
|Milk||– 1 cup|
|Sugar||– 1 cup|
|Ghee||– 1 tbsp.|
|Cashew nuts, dry grape||– 10|
|Cardamom powder||– ¼ tsp.|
- In a pressure cooker, cook the carrots with milk.
- Remove the cooker and cool the carrots.
- When cooled, take the cooked carrots alone and grind to a smooth paste.
- Now add this to the milk in the cooker and mix well.
- Now add sugar and heat it. When you add the sugar, it will become little watery and then starts to become thick.
- Keep in simmer and cook till it beomes thick by stirring in between.
- When the water gets dried up, add half of the ghee and mix well.
- Keep for 2 more minutes and switch off the stove.
- Fry cashew nuts and dry grapes in remaining ghee.
- Mix this well with the halwa along with cardamom powder.
- Usually carrot halwa is made by grating the carrots and adding in milk. Either ways, it comes out well.
- If you want, you can also add sugar free khova to the cooked carrots and make halwa.