Kheer is a sweet which we use rice, vermicelli or sago. We cook them in milk or coconut milk along with sugar or jaggery and garnish with cashew nuts and raisins. Have you ever tried making kheer with green chillies? This kheer is a very innovative dish which we can prepare for festivals. Try making this Chilli Kheer this Diwali.
|Long Bajji Chillies||–||4 or 5|
|Water||–||To cook the chillies|
|Milk||–||1 ½ cups|
|Cashew Nuts and Pista||–||Few|
|Cardamom Powder||–||A pinch|
- Clean the chillies and de-seed them.
- Chop them finely and cook them in quarter cup of water.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry cashew nuts and pista and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the cooked chillies and fry in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Now slowly add milk and mix well. The colour of the mixture will turn into green.
- We can now add the sugar and mix well.let the sugar dissolve in the milk and wait till the kheer thickens.
- Add the cardamom powder and garnish with the fried nuts and pista.
- Serve the kheer hot or cold according to your preference.