Today, we will be exploring the flavors of Raw Mango Drumstick Curry, a traditional Kerala-style curry that’s perfect for those who love bold, tangy, and spicy flavors in their meals.
Raw Mango and Drumstick Curry is a popular dish in Kerala, especially during the summer season when raw mangoes are abundant. It is a simple yet flavorful curry that’s typically served with steamed rice or roti, and it is packed with the goodness of raw mangoes and drumsticks, which are both known for their nutritional value.
So let’s dive into the kitchen and learn how to make this delicious Raw Mango and Drumstick Curry Kerala Style!
The tangy and spicy flavors of raw mangoes and the earthy taste of drumsticks come together in a harmonious blend, creating a curry that’s bursting with flavors. The coconut paste adds a creamy and nutty texture, making it a perfect accompaniment to steamed rice or dosa.
So, next time you want to try something unique and flavorful, give this Raw Mango and Drumstick Curry Kerala Style a try. Your taste buds will thank you! Happy cooking!
Raw Mango Drumstick Curry
- Drumstick – 2 cut into 2 inch pieces
- Raw Mango – 2 peeled and cut
- Toor Dhal – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp.
- Curry Leaves – a handful
- Salt – 1 tsp. or as needed
- Red Chilli – 2
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tsp.
- Garlic – 4 or 5
- Cook toor dhal with enough water for 3 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds and grlic into a fine paste by adding little water.
- In a thick bottomed vessel take drumsticks and mangoes and add 1 cup of water and boil. Cook till the vegetables are cooked well and soft.
- Now add the cooked toor dhal, turmeric powder, salt and ground coconut and boil for few more minutes till the gravy thickens.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add dry red chillies, shallots, curry leaves, and red chilli powder.
- Fry the ingredients well in the fragrant oil.
- Next, pour this aromatic mixture into the curry and blend everything together to create a har-monious blend of flavors.
- Serve tasty raw mango drumstick curry with rice or dosa.