Kondai kadalai is very good for your health. Chickpeas gives the body with a slow and gradual release of energy over an extended period and thereby help in stabilizing the blood sugar levels. It also helps to maintain healthy blood pressure.
As chickpeas is loaded with fibre, it helps in weight loss and prevents constipation. The glycemic index of channa is low. So it is good for people with diabetes.
This adai made with chickpeas is simple and tasty one which my mother in law used to prepare regularly. We can make this ad vadai also.
Kondai Kadalai / Chickpeas Adai
- Kabuli Channa – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies – 3 or 4
- Ginger – 1 inch pie
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Salt – as needed or 1 tsp.
- Curry Leaves – a spring
- Oil – for frying
- Soak channa for 8 hours.
- Drain the water and grind to a paste with green chillies, ginger and cumin seeds.
- Take this in a bowl and add rice flour, salt and curry leaves and mix well.
- Add very little water if needed. It should be thick.
- Heat oil in a pana dn take small balls and flatten them with hands and fry in oil. You can also cook this in dosa tawa.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.