Whenever we buy radish, we throw away radish greens. When we throw away radish greens, we miss out lots of nutrients it possess. Radish greens have peppery earthen taste. Radish greens are rich in vitamin A and C and are rich in iron, phosphorous and thiamine. By having radish leaves, fatigue can be reduced. As it is rich in iron, people with iron deficiency can have it.
Radish greens are natural diuretic. It helps to dissolve stones in urinary bladder. Radish leaves are also good for people with diabetes.
Next time before throwing away radish leaves think twice.
Mullangi Keerai (Radish Greens) Porial
- Radish leaves / Mullangi Keerai – 2 cups. chopped finely
- Garlic – 6 cloves chopped finely
- Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Add finely chopped garlic and onions and fry till onions become transparent.
- Now add radish greens and salt and sprinkle little water and cook in low flame by closing with a lid.
- When the water content is evaporated, add coconut gratings and mix well.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.