Pesarattu is a famous Andhra dosa made from green moong dhal. It is rich in proteins and is good for children. This dosa does not require fermentation. My mother used to make this dosa often and now I too make this often.
Pesarattu is served with ginger chutney.
Pesarattu / Green Moong Dhal Dosa
- Whole Moong Dhal – 1 cup
- Raw Rice – ¼ cup
- Green Chillies – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Salt – 1 tsp. or as needed
- Water – as needed
- Oil – to make dosa
- Soak Moong dhal and rice together for 8 hours.
- Grind to a smooth paste in a grinder.
- Grind ginger, cumin seeds and green chilies in a mixie and add this to the ground dosa batter along with salt and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan, and add a teaspoon of oil.
- Take a ladle full of batter and spread thick dosa.
- Add oil on top of the dosa.
- When it is cooked well on one side flip the dosa and cook on other side also.
- Serve hot with Ginger Chutney.