We make different types of idlies for breakfast. Idlies are good breakfast option as it contains carbohydrates and protein. We have them with coconut chutney and sambar. This is a complete breakfast with necessary proteins in them.
Barnyard millet and sago idly is a variation in our usual idly and the sago added gives soft idlies.
Barnyard Millet And Sago Idly
- Barnyard Millet – 1 cup
- Ured Dhal – 1 cup
- Sago / Sabudana / Javvarisi – ¾ cup
- Idli Rice – 1 cup
- Methi Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Salt – as needed
- Wash and soak barnyard millet, ured dhal, sago and idly rice together for 4 hours.
- Grind to a smooth batter in a grinder. Add very little water while grinding.
- At last add salt and mix well.
- Ferment for 12 hours.
- Grease idly moulds with oil and make idlies.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney, tomato chutney or sambar.
- Soft idlies are ready.