We make varieties of pakodas like onion pakoda, cabbage pakoda, wheat flour pakoda and spring onion pakoda. Have you tried making pumpkin pakoda? Making this pakoda is simple just grate pumpkin and make pakodas with some simple ingredients.
This pakoda tastes well. The aroma of carom seeds and adding rice flour with gram flour gives the pakoda a great taste.
Kaddu / Yellow Pumpkin Pakoda
- Grated Pumpkin – 1 cup
- Gram Flour – ½ cup
- Rice Flour – ¼ cup
- Ajwain / Carom Seeds – ¼ tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Salt – as needed)
- Grated Ginger – ½ tsp.
- Curry Leaves – a handful chopped finely
- Oil – for deep frying
- In a broad vessel take grated pumpkin, rice flour, gram flour, ajwain, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, grated ginger, salt and curry leaves and mix well.
- Keep aside for ten minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop small pieces of the flour mixture and fry till golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with the cutney of your choice.