During this Navaratri festival we make sundals for neivedhyam. Kollu sundal is healthy sundal. Horse gram is densely packed with vital nutrients. It also contains a variety of other essential vitamins and minerals, including iron, phosphorus, and vitamin C . Horse gram is rich in fibre. This is diabetic friendly recipe.
Kollu / Horse Gram Sundal
- Kollu Horse gram – ½ cup
- Salt – as needed
- Chana dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Ured dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Grated coconut – 3 tablespoon
- Red chillies – 4
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Ured dhal –1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – A pinch
- Red Chilli – 1 broken into half
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Soak kollu in enough water overnight. Pressure cook horse gram for 3 whistles.
- In the meantime, roast the ingredients in a teaspoon of oil till the dhal turns golden brown in colour.
- When it cools down grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal, asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute in low flame.
- Drain the water from the cooked horse gram and salt and cook till the sundal becomes dry.
- Keep in low flame and add the ground mixture and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.