Most of us does not like radish due to its pungent smell and taste. But it has numerous health benefits. Radishes are low in calories and provide a range of nutrients and antioxidants. Radish is a rich source of Vitamin C.
As radish is rich in fiber it aids in bowel movement that alleviates constipation symptoms. Adding radish regularly in our diet helps weight loss. Radish aids in liver detoxification and heals against damage. It also helps flush out toxins from the kidney. It is also good for people with diabetes.
This stir fry is a good option to cook radishes and it tastes good.
Mullangi Porial / Radish Stir Fry
- Radish – 250 g.
- Salt – as needed or ½ tsp.
- Chilli Powder – ½ tsp.
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Oil – 2 tsps.
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Ured Dhal – ½ tsp.
- Red Chilly– 1
- Cut both the ends of the radish and grate and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal and broken red chilly and mix well till ured dhal turs golden.
- Now add grated radish, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, and cumin powder and keep in simmer and mix well.
- Close with a lid.
- After five minutes, open the lid and mix well and switch off the flame. If the radish is not cooked well, cook for some more time.
- Serve hot with cooked rice for lunch.