Masala Finger Sticks are made using wheat flour and some masalas from our kitchen. This is a good evening snacks. It is crispy and the addition of kasuri methi gives the sticks a good flavor and taste.We can also use all purpose flour or maida instead of wheat flour to make this sticks.
Masala Wheat Flour Finger Sticks
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Salt – as needed or 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Oil – 3 tsps. for mixing with the dough
- Oil – for deep frying
- For Grinding:
- Red Chillies – 3
- Dhania Seeds – 2 tsps.
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp. optional
- Grind all the ingredients given for grinding to a coarse powder.
- In a large bowl, take wheat flour, salt, turmeric powder and ground masala and mix well.
- Add 3 teaspoons of oil and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Now slowly add water little by little to make a firm dough.
- Keep it closed for five minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying the sticks.
- In the mean time, take small ball from the dough and roll into a stick of desired size.
- When the oil is hot, keep in simmer and slowly put the sticks and fry them till the sticks are cooked well. You can add five or six sticks at a time and fry. Each batch will take ten minutes to cook.
- Drain the stcks in a colander.
- You can store this in an airtight container or serve hot.