Generally we make vadai using ured dhal and channa dhal. Do you know that we can make vadas using moong dhal also? Making pasi paruppu vadai is very easy and this vada cooks fast.
This is a tasty vada which can be had as an evening snack with tea. This vada tastes well with coconut chutney.
Pasi Paruppu Vadai / Moong Dhal Vada
- Pasi Paruppu / Moong Dhal – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – ½ cup
- Red Chillies – 6
- Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Ginger – 1 inch piece cut into fine pieces
- Curry Leaves – a handful
- Saunf / Sombu – ½ tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp.or as needed
- Oil – for deep frying
- Soak moong dhal in enough water for half an hour.
- Drain the water aand grind to a coarse paste with red chillies, ginger, garlic, saunf and cumin seeds in a mixer.
- Take this in a broad vessel and add rice flour, chopped onions, salt and curry leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and take small balls from the mixture.
- Flatten it by touching in water and deep fry the vadas till it cooks to a golden brown in colour.
- These vadas cook faster. So take care not to burn them.
- Servee hot with coconut chutney.