In this season, we get lots of mochai kottai. Mochai kottai has lots of health benefits. Mochai kottai looks like avaraikkai. Inside this , if we remove we can find mochai kottai. It is also known as field beans.Field beans is rich in proteins and helps in giving strength to our body. Field beans is also rich in fibers and iron which is very good for people with diabetics. It helps us to reduce weight. Field beans also helps to reduce body heat. Mochai Keerai Porial is simple and healthy porial.
Mochai Keerai Porial / Field Beans Spinach Curry
- Mochai Kottai or Field Beans – 1 cup
- Any Keerai or Spinach – 1 bunch
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Red Chilly Powder – ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp. or as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Clean and chop spinach finely.
- Wash fresh field beans and keep aside. If you are using dried field beans, soak them in enough water for 8 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add asafoetida and cumin seeds and fry for half a minute.
- Now add finely chopped onions and fry till onions turn transparent.
- Add mochai kottai and keerai, salt and chilly powder and mix well.
- Add half cup of water and cook the mochai in low flame.
- When the mochai kottai gets cooked and the curry is dry remove from flame.
- Serve this mochai curry with sambar or rasam or curd rice.