There are different kuzhambus we make at home. Kuzhambu is a part of our daily cooking. Drumstick and onion kuzhambu is made with drumsticks and small onions cooked with some masalas. The flavour of ground masala gives this kuzhambu a wonderful taste.
Drumstick And Onion Kuzhambu
- Drumsticks – 2 cut into 2 inch pieces
- Small Onions – ½ cup
- Garlic – 6 chopped finely
- Tomato – 1 chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Chilly Powder – 1 tsp.
- Dhania Powder – 1 tsp.
- Tamarind – small lemon sized ball
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Small Onions – 5
- Garlic – 3
- Curry Leaves – a handful
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Soak tamarind in enough hot water for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the ingredients given for grinding in low flame and grind to a smooth paste when cooled.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add onions and fry for a minute.
- Now add drumsticks and tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and dhania powder and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Now add acup of water and cook till the drumsticks are cooked well.
- Add the tamarind water, salt and ground coconut paste and mix well.
- Boil till the gravy thickens and switch off the stove.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.