We generally make pakodas using gram flour as the base ingredient. But in this pakoda we use wheat flour in which we add some onions and chilli powder. My mother in law first made this pakoda and gave us. We liked the taste of this pakoda. So I asked her the recipe and made this pakoda. Here is the recipe for making wheat flour pakoda.
Wheat Flour Pakoda
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 2 finely chopped Onions
- 2 finely chopped Green Chillies
- A handful of Curry Leaves
- Water for mixing the dough
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, take wheat flour, chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves and salt and mix well.
- Add water and mix to a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and add spoonful of the batter and deep fry the pakodas.
- Turn the pakodas and cook the other side also.
- Drain in a colander and serve hot with chutney of your choice.