Wheat flour appam is simple and easy to make. It is delicious sweet whcih is prepared during Karthigai Dheepam, Ganesh Chaturthi and Krishna Jayanthi.
Wheat flour appam is made using wheat flour, jaggery and a small banana. The taste and flavour of appam is so good so that you will surely gobble them up. It can be even made as evening snacks.
I got a lot of requests from my blog readers. So I am posting the recipe today.
Wheat Flour Appam
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Banana – 1 small
- Powdered Jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil or Ghee – for frying the appam
- In a vessel add powdered jaggery, mashed banana, wheat flour, salt and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add water little by little and make into a thick batter like that of vada.
- Heat a kuzhipaniyaram pan and add little oil and then pour the batter into the holes and fry both sides by adding little oil on top.
- If you don't have the kuzhipaniyaram pan you can heat oil in a kadai and pour a small ladle full of batter and fry both sides till it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Remove them and strain and serve.