Avaraikkai Vazhai Porial is usually made during Pongal Festival. This is a very tasty porial. But this can be made any time.
Avareikkai Vazhai Porial
We generally make different types of porial for lunch. Vazhaikkai added to avareikkai makes this porial taste good. This porial goe swell with kuzhambu, rasam and curd rice.
- 1 Vazhaikkai
- 7 Avaraikkai
- 1/4 tsp Sambar Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ured Dhal
- 4 Garlic
- Few Curry Leaves
- Chop Vazhaikkai into 1 inch square pieces and Avaraikkai into medium pieces.
- In a pan, take vazhaikkai and avaraikkai and add water, salt andturmeric powder and cook well.
- In another pan,take oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Now add ured dhal, crushed garlic and curry leaves along with sambar powder andmix well till raw smell goes.
- Now add the cooked vegetables and mix well keeping in low flame.
- When the vegetables gets dried, switch off the stove and serve hot.