Crispy sweet corn is a snack made by coating sweet corn kernels with spices and corn flour and then frying in oil. There are many variations in doing this recipe. For making crispy corn choose the corns that are sightly firm and plump.
Sometimes the corn will splatter while you fry. If the oil is too hot the corn will splatter. For that cover with a mesh lid while frying.
Crispy Sweet Corn
- Corn Kernels - 3 cups
- Rice Flour - 4 tbsp.
- Corn Flour - 6 tbsp.
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- Chilli Powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Cumin Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Onions - 1 finely chopped
- Green Chillies - 1 or 2 chopped finely
- Lemon Juice - 1 tpsp. optional
- Boil 2 cups of water in a vessel and add corn kernels and cook for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and drain the water and rinse with running water. Drain all the water completely.
- Put the corn kernels ina a vessel and add the flours, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Sprinkle little water and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add corn kernels slowly. Add only 2 handfuls of corn at a time and close with a mesh lid or splatter screen.
- Keep in medium flame and cook. When the corn kernels float on the top, remove them and drain in a colander. If the corn kernels are lumpy, gently separate them with lade while cooking.
- In another pan heat oil and fry chopped green chillies and onions with some salt.
- Switch off the flame and add the fried corn kernels and mix well.
- If you are using lemon juice add the juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with tea or Coffee