We make different types of pakodas at home like onion pakoda, pattanam pakoda, palak pakoda and cabbage pakoda, cabbage pakoda is a simple and easy to make pakoda which is very awesome. The pakoda is crunchy and tasty. Cabbage pakoda is a good tea time snack.
- Cabbage - 3 cups sliced thinly
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Green Chilly - 1 chopped finely
- Carom Seeds / Omam - ¼ tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp.
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp.
- Gram Flour - 2 cups
- Rice Flour - 4 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- In a bowl take cabbage slices, green chilies, cumin seed, carom seeds, salt, ginger garlic paste, chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add the gram flour and rice flour and mix well. No need to add water. Keep for half an hour.
- The cabbage will release water and the mixture will be moist. Mix well.
- Now heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot, add small pieces of cabbage mixture in oil and deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove from fire and drain in a colander.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.