We make different types of kurma in our house. Each kurma is made in a different way. The taste of the kurma varies depending on the way it is cooked and the spices added. This kurma tastes so good and goes well with dosa, chapathi, poori and fried rice.
Cauliflower And Carrot Kurma
- Cauliflower - 3 cups chopped into medium florets
- Carrots - 2 medium chopped into 1 inch cubes
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
- Green chilly - 1
- Onions - 2 sliced thinly
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
- Oil - 2 tsps.
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Fried gram - 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Heat oil in a cooker and add chopped onions and fry well.
- When the onions turn translucent, add the chopped tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add the chopped cauliflower and carrots and fry for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and close the cooker and cook for 1 whistle.
- In the meantime, grind the ingredients given for grinding into a fine paste by adding little water.
- When the cooker cools down, open the whistle from the pressure cooker and add the ground paste and salt and mix well.
- Boil till the kurma thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.