We use baby corn in lots of recipes. Kids love having baby corn. Baby corn one of the healthiest veggies you can add to your stir fries and salads. Baby corn is very low in calories. Adding baby corn to your daily routine helps to reduce weight.
As baby corns are rich in fibre, it is good for people with diabetes. In addition to essential fibres and proteins, baby corns are packed with vital antioxidants. It is said that just half cup serving meets 4 percent of the daily body requirement of vitamin A and iron, and 2 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin C.
Baby Corn Fry
- Baby Corn - 200 g.
- Onion - 1
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Green Chillies - 2
- Red Chilly Powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala - ½ tsp.
- Amchur Powder - ½ tsp.
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Wash baby corn and slit lengthwise, slit green chillies lengthwise and chop onions lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chillies and onions. Fry till the onions become translucent.
- Now add baby corn, red chilly owder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Fry in low flame till the baby corn cooks well. Do not mix the baby corn often.
- When it is cooked well remove from fire and serve with rotis, dosa or rice.