As the name suggests we make bhindi do pyaza using double amount of onions in two different stages of cooking. The extra amount of onions added gives more taste to the dish along with the spices added. Making this recipe is simple and it goes well with rice or rotis.
Bhindi Do Pyaza / Ladies Finger Curry Using Double Onions
- Ladies Finger - ½ Kg.
- Onions - 3 medium sized
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 slit lengthwise
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp. or ass needed
- Dhania Powder - 1 tsp.
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp.
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp.
- Amchur Powder / Dry Mango Powder - 1 tsp.
- Gram Flour / Besan - 2 tsp.
- Curd / Yogurt - ½ cuup
- Oil / Ghee - 3 tbsp.
- Coriander Leaves - a handful chopped finely
- Bay Leaves - 1
- Ginger - 2 tsp. chopped finely
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Wash the ladies finger well and pat dry and let it dry for at least an hour.
- Chop both the ends and chop the ladies finger into medium sized pieces.
- Peel the onions and slice half of them finely and cut the remaining into cubes.
- Cut tomatoes into fine pieces.
- Slice the green chillies lengthwise.
- In a pan heat oil or ghee and add chopped ladies finger and sauté the ladies finger for five minutes in medium flame and remove them and keep aside.
- Add onion which we have cut into cubes in the same oil and fry for some time till oinons become transparent and remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil add the bay leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Now add chopped ginger and green cillies and sauté for a minute.
- Now add the onions which we have sliced thinly and fry till it turns light brown in colour.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cok till the tomatoes mashes and mixes well.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cumin powder and mix well. Cook in medium flame till oil oozes out from the sides.
- In the meantime whisk curd and besan well and keep aside.
- Add the mixed curd and besan to the pan and mix well and cook for two minutes in low flame.
- Now add fried ladies finger, garam masla and fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- In the end add fried onions and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice of rotis of your choice.