If you are bored preparing the usual idly, dosa or rotis for breakfast or dinner and you want to try something different which tastes good, then Rava roti is your choice. Making rava roti is simple and it is very soft even when you pack for your lunch. This goes well with any chutney or curry of your choice. Rava roti is made with chiroti rava or the fine variety of rava.
Chiroti Rava Roti / Rava Bhakri / Sooji Roti
- Chiroti Rava - 1 cup
- Water - 1 ½ to 2 cups
- Salt - ½ tsp. or as needed
- Oil / Ghee - 1 tsp.
- In a vessel, boil water with salt and 1 tsp. of oil or ghee.
- When the water starts boiling, keep in simmer and add the chiroti rava slowly and mix well without forming lumps. Mix well till the flour thickens and switch off the stove.
- Keep closed for 5 minutes with a lid.
- Transfer the dough in a large plate and knead well when it is warm. Knead well so that there is no lumps formed.
- Take a portion of the dough and make into a ball.
- Gently roll them into rotis by dusting with maida.
- Heat a tawa and put the roti and cook on both sides by pressing with a spatula. Pour a teaspoon of oil on both sides and cook.
- Serve hot with your choice of chutney.