Arabic Lentil soup is a simple and easy soup made with masoor dhal. Lentil soup is popular in Middle East region. We use very simple spices in this soup and at the end we add lemon juice. As this soup is made of lentils, this is a healthy option for people with diabetes and tbose who are thinking of losing weight.
Arabic Lentil Soup / Chorbat- al-ads
- Masoor Dhal - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Tomato - 1
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Black Pepper - 8 to 10
- Oil - 2 tsp.
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Wash and soak masoor dhal for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and add bay leaf and black pepper and fry for half a minute.
- Now add the finely chopped carrots and dhal and fry for a minute.
- Add enough water, turmeric powder, chopped tomato and salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Remove the lid and let the mixture cool down.
- Now blend the dhal mixture inn a mixer or hand blender. The mixture will become soft and creamy.
- Now heat the soup in a pan by adding water if needed.
- When it boils, switch off the stove and add lemon juice.
- Serve the soup hot.