Sangacho Ross is a traditional Goan curry made with drumsticks. It is a simple and easy to make dish. Drumsticks are considered to be a superfood. We use drumsticks in our South Indian dishes often. To make sangacho ross, we cook drumsticks in a coconut based gravy with simple ingreients.
Drumsticks are a boon for diabetics as they are known to reduce spiked blood sugar levels significantly. It also helps to enhance the gall bladder function, which in turn is helpful in lowering blood glucose. Drumsticks are also rich in antioxidants.
Goan Drumstick Curry / Sangacho Ross
- Drumsticks - 2 cut into 2 inch long pieces
- Toor Dhal - ½ cup
- Onion - 1 Chopped finely
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Grated Coconut - ½ cup
- Tamarind - a small gooseberry sized lump
- Jaggery - 1 tsp.
- Red Chillies - 5
- Dhania Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Black Pepper - 7 or 8
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp.
- Wash the toor dhal and soak them for half an hour.
- Now pressure cook toor dhal till it cooks soft.
- Grind the ingredients given for grinding to a smooth paste by adding little water and keep aside.
- In a pan take the chopped onions and drumsticks along with 1 cup of water and boil for 6 to 7 minutes or till the drumsticks become soft.
- Now add the cooked dhal, salt and coconut paste and mix well and boil.
- When the gravy boils, keep in simmer and cook for ten minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Switch off the stove and serve hot with hot rice.