Parathas are important North Indian dish which we can make as plain, stuffed with onion, Cauliflower, Paneer, Cheese, etc. It is wholesome and filling. Stuffing the parathas with cheese, onion, coriander leaves and some spices gives the paratha a wonderful taste which is difficult to resist. This paratha tastes good when we eat them as soon as they are prepared sot that we can relish the taste of freshly molten cheese. If you give this to kids, they will surely ask for more.
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Water - for mixing the dough
- Oil - 2 tsp. for kneading the dough
- Melted Ghee - for cooking
- Cheese Cubes - 3
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Coriander Leaves - a handful chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ghee - for brushing
- Take wheat flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Now slowly add water little by little and mix well to a soft dough.
- Close with a lid and keep aside for half an hour.
- In the meantime, we can prepare the stuffing.
- Grate the cheese and add finely chopped onions, green chillies and coriander leaves and mix well. No need to add salt as cheese itself has some salt.
- Now take a lemon sized ball and roll into a 5 inch circle by dusting some wheat flour.
- Now brush with little ghee fully on the roti slightly close the rotis from both the sides.
- Keep some stuffing in the centre and fold the other two sides.
- Again dust with some wheat flour and roll the parathas gently. The parathas should be thick.
- Like this you can roll all the parathas and keep.
- Heat a tawa and cook the parathas both sides till you get brown spots by adding little ghee or oil.
- Serve hot with fresh curd and pickle.