When we have some leftover roasted ured dhal powder, we can simply make Daangar pachadi. Ured dhal is good for strengthening of pelvic bones and hip muscles. When we make murukku, cheedai and thattai, we will be preparing ured dhal flour. There will be some leftover flour which we can use this. We can always prepare this ured dhal flour very easily. Just dry roast the required amount of ured dhal in a pan till raw smell goes and grind to a coarse powder.
- Ured Dhal - 1 tbsp.
- Fresh Curd - 1 cup
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Coriander Leaves - few
- Heat a pan and dry roast ured dhal without adding oil till it becomes golden brown in colour. Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Now you can grind the dhal into a nice powder. If you have any leftover ured dhal flour after making murukku or cheedai you can use it.
- I a bowl, you can take this ured dhal flour, curd, asafoetida and salt and mix well. If you want you can add little water.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, switch off the flame and add it to the pachadi.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Daangar pachadi is ready to be served.