Snake Gourd helps to prevent respiratory problems, relieving acidity, fighting free radicals, treating liver problems, eliminating toxins, treating arterial disorders and treating diabetes. It also helps to prevent scalp disorders, treating high fever, supplying the body with low calorie nutrients and enhancing the skin.
Snake gourd dhal curry is a simple South Indian curry prepared by just cooking snake gourd with dhal along with some spices ans finally adding grated coconut.
Snake Gourd Dhal Curry / Pudalangai Paruppu Porial
- Snake Gourd - ¼ Kg.
- Onion - 1
- Channa Dhal or Moong Dhal - ¼ cup
- Salt - as needed or ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Oil - 1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp.
- Ured Dhal - 1 tsp.
- Red Chilly - 1
- Grated Coconut - ¼ cup
- Cut snake gourd and onion into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it becomes transparent
- When it splutters, add ured dhal and red chilly split into two and fry for a minute.
- Now add the chopped snake gourd and channa dhal and add a cup of water along with salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook till the curry becomes dry.
- We can now add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Immediately switch off the stove.
- This curry goes well with rice and rasam.