This new year try this traditional Tamilnadu Sweet which is made from roasted gram. Malaadu is a traditional sweet which we can prepared in a jiffy. For making malaadu, we grind the fried gram nicely in a mixer and add powdered sugar and again roast in ghee and when hot we make the ladoos. This is a wonderful dish which we can give to kids.
Malaadu / Roasted Gram Ladoo
- Fried / Roasted Gram / Pottukadalai - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - ½ cup
- Broken Cashews - 2 tbsps.
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp.
- Take fried gram in a mixer and grind it to a fine powder.
- Sieve well and grind the leftover gram in the mixer.
- Grind sugar in the mixer well.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts.
- Then add the powdered sugar, fried gram powder and cardamom powder and fry well till the raw smell goes.
- Switch off the stove and make ladoo while it is still hot. Only when it is hot you can make ladoos. Otherwise it will break.
- Store in an airtight container.
- We can keep this ladoo for a month.