It is very difficult for us to make our kids eat. Kids love paneer in any form. This is a simple sandwich in which we add crumbled paneer along with onions sautéed with some spices.
Paneer is rich in calcium and protein and it gives instant energy. As paneer is rich in Vitamin D, together with its calcium content it is good for teeth and bone health. As is low in carbohydrates, high in protein and magnesium which is good for people with diabetes.
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 200 g.
- Onion - 2
- Oil - 1 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp.
- Chilli Powder - ½ tsp.
- Salt - as needed or ½ tsp.
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
- Dhania / Coriander Seeds Powder - ½ tsp.
- Bread Slices - 8
- Cheese Spread or Grated Cheese - for spreading in the bread
- Butter -for making the toast
- Crumble paneer or grate the paneer and keep aside.
- Chop the onions finely.
- In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds splutter, add the chopped onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dhania powder and salt and saute till the raw smell goes and switch off the flame. Let this cool down.
- Now take two slices of bread and spread cheese evenly one side of the slice.
- You can now add the onion mixture and spread evenly.
- Then you can add crumbled paneer and close with another slice. If you want you can also add grated carrots.
- Heat a tawa and keep this sandwich and roast on both sides by adding butter. Keep in low flame.
- Cut into 2 triangles and serve.
- Kids will love this Paneer sandwich.