Mushroom is rich in protein and fibre. Button mushrooms are rich in vitamin D and is one of the non-animal sources of vitamin D. Mushrooms are also low in calories and good for people with diabetes and those who want to reduce weight.
This is a simple and easy to make mushroom biriyani. We can also keep in kids lunch box.
As many of my viewers asked me to post mushroom biriyani in my blog. Yesterday I made mushroom biriyani at home and thought of posting the recipe and so I clicked some pictures.
Button Mushroom Biriyani
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Button Mushroom - 200 g. clean and cut into 4
- Carrot - 1 cut into small pieces
- Onion - 1 cut into small pieces
- Tomato - 1 cut into small pieces
- Green Chilly - 1
- Oil or Ghee - 1 tbsp.
- Bay Leaves - 1
- Cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch piece
- Cloves - 2
- Coriander Leaves - a handful
- Red Chilly powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Soak basmati rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cooker and add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cut green chillies and chopped onion and fry till the onions turn transparent.
- Now add the chopped tomato nd fry till the tomato turns soft and mushy.
- Now add carrots and fry for a minute. If you want you can also add peas.
- We can now add the chopped mushroom and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the basmati rice without water and fry for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, chilly powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- When it boils, close the lid and cook till you get one whistle.
- Keep in simmer and cook till you get one more whistle.
- Switch off the stove and when cooled remove the lid and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with raita of your choice.