This is a simple and healthy upma. We make vegetable upma with roasted rava and vegetables like carrots, beans, peas, etc. this is no onion recipe and is a wonderful choice for breakfast. Vegetable upma with hot steaming filter coffee is a good way to start the day.
Vegetable Rava Upma
- Upma Rava - 1 cup
- Vegetables like carrot beans, peas - each ¼ cup (cut carrots and beans into small pieces)
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Green chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Water - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tsps.
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Coriander Leaves - a handful chopped finely
- Roast rava in a pan with a teaspoon of oil till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a bread pan and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Now add the chopped vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.
- We can now add water, salt and coriander leaves and boil.
- When the water boils take rava and slowly add the rava in the boiling water by mixing with a ladle simultaneously so that no lumps are formed.
- Close the lid and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes or till the upma is cooked well.
- Your vegetable upma is ready to be served.