We make sandwich using vegetables, cheese or mayonnaise. Sandwiches are a popular type of lunch food, taken to work, school, or picnics and it is good to take as a packed lunch. This sandwich is made with potatoes and is good for keeping in lunch box of kids. Kids like this sandwich very much.
Now I will share the recipe for making Aloo Sandwich.
Aloo / Potato Sandwich
- Bread Slices - 4
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Salt - as needed or ¼ tsp.
- Chopped onion - ¼ cup
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp.
- Tomato Sauce or Ketchup - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Chilli Powder - ½ tsp.
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Cook potato well and mash well.
- In a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil and add chopped onions and fry well.
- When the onions are fried well, add the mashed aloo, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder and mix well and switch off the stove.
- Let it cool down.
- Now take two pieces of bread slices.
- Spread mayonnaise in one side of the bread.
- Then keep the mashed potato mixture and then add some sauce and close with another bread slice.
- Now you can heat a pan and toast the sandwich on both the sides.
- Remove the sandwich and cut into triangles and serve.