Raita is one of the liked accompaniment in most of the Indian meals, be it be biriyani or parathas. There are different varieties of raitas we make with vegetables and even with fruits. The garlic flavor in this raita gives a nice aroma to this. This is a diabetic friendly dish which can be prepared in just ten minutes.
Methi Raita is a wonderful side dish for your lunch or dinner. This is a simple raita which is served usually with parathas. The raita tastes good with fenugreek flavor with good aroma with some simple spices.
Methi Raita Or Fenugreek Leaves Salad In Yogurt
- Methi / Fenugreek Leaves - 1 bunch
- Curd or Yogurt - 1 ½ cup cleaned and chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 5 or 6 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Cumin Powder - 1 tbsp.
- Red Chilly Powder - ½ tsp.
- Salt - as needed or ½ tsp.
- Oil - 2 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Dry roast the cumin powder and red chilli powder and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add chopped garlic and green chillies and fry for a minute till you get a nice aroma.
- Now add the chopped fenugreek leaves and fry for a minute or two till the leaves turn just soft.
- In the meantime, you can beat the curd with salt and roasted chilli powder and cumin powder.
- You can now add the fried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- This can be served with rotis, parathas or rice.