Millets are very healthy food option. For making this we need ragi flour and jowar flour, curd, chopped onions and green chillies. Mix all this with salt and we can make vadas. This is very tasty and is a healthy snack option.
Ragi And Jowar Vada
Millets are very healthy food option. For making this we need ragi flour and jowar flour, curd, chopped onions and green chillies. Mix all this with salt and we can make vadas. This is very tasty and is a healthy snack option. Ragi is rich in calcium and good for people with diabetes. It is also an excellent source of iron and thus a boon for anemic patients and also for those with low haemoglobin levels. jowar is also rich in nutrients such as calcium, fibre, iron, phosphorus, thiamin and protein. Jowar contains magnesium, calcium and copper that is responsible for stronger bones and tissues. The iron content in jowar ensures multiplication of red blood cells. It boosts our immunity a lot.
- Ragi Flour - 1 cup
- Jowar Flour - 1 cup
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Green Chillies - 2 cut finely
- Onion - 1 cut finely
- Oil - For frying
- Water - For mixing the flour
- Take both the flours in a bowl and add salt, chopped green chilles, onion and curd and mix well.
- Now add water little by little and mix well so that it becomes thick so that we can flatten the batter with hands.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil becomes hot enough, take a small ball and flatten in your hands by touching water and slowly slide in the hot oil.
- Fry on both sides till the vada cooks properly.
- Drain the vadas and serve with chutney or sauce.
- This vada tastes best when hot.