If you have lots of green chilies at home, you would wonder how to preserve them for a longer use? Even when we keep green chillies in refrigerator, it will not last long. This is because green chilies have bacteria around the stem. Here is a method to preserve green chili for a longer time.
How To Preserve Green Chillies for a longer Time?
- Green Chillies - 250 g.
- Vinegar - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Wash and clean green chillies with water.
- Now remove the stems from the green chillies.
- Check for any chillies which are not good and red in colour and remove them and keep them separately.
- Now take a bowl of water and a tablespoon of vinegar and put the good green chillies which we have removed the stem.
- Keep for 5 minutes and take the green chillies and drain them completely without water and dry them with a dry cloth.
- Now keep some geen chillies for your use in a small container in your refrigerator.
- Take the remaining green chilies in a mixie and add little salt and grind to a coarse paste.
- In a plate take small balls of green chillies and keep them leaving some space.
- Cover with a silver foil or food wrap completely and keep the plate in freezer for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove the plate and slowly remove the green chilli paste which has frozen and keep them in a container and freeze them.
- Whenever you need to use green chillies, you can take one or two and add them to your chutney or gravy.