This is is a very simple roast in which we use seppan kizhangu and roast with some spices. This tastes very good with the spices added. Seppan kizhangu has lots of health benefits. It helps to improve digestive health, prevent cancer, improve vision health, and much more. It also has a Low Glycemic Index. This helps to break down glucose in the liver slowly and aids in weight loss and lowers blood sugar.
This roast will taste good with sambar rice or rasam rice. You can also have this with curd rice.
Seppan Kizhangu / Arbi / Colacasia Roast
- Seppan Kizhangu / Arbi / Colacasia - ¼ kg.
- Salt - ½ tsp. or as needed
- Chilli Powder - ½ to 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp.
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp.
- Pressure cook seppan kizhangu and peel the skin and add all the powders (salt, chilli powder, Turmeric powder and cumin powder) and mix well and keep for half an hour.
- Now take oil in a pan and when it heats add thee mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutters, add the masala mixed kizhangu and roast in low flame till it becomes crisp and golden brown. This will take for about half an hour. Mix once in a while while cooking.
- Switch off the stove and serve with rice.