Maize Roti or Makki Ki Roti is an authentic Punjabi dish prepared using maize flour. For this we have to use the yellow flour not the white one. It is usually served with Sarson ka Saag. I have prepared maize flour roti by mixing maize flour and wheat flour together with warm water. We can also make roti only using mazie flour, but rolling the flour will be difficult.
Maize Roti / Makki Ki Roti
- Maize Flour - 1 cup
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup heaped
- Warm Water - For mixing the dough
- Oil - For making rotis
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Mix maize flour and wheat flour well with salt.
- Now slowly add warm water and mix to a smooth dough.
- Take little oil in hands and apply them and knead the dough well several times.
- Make equal sized balls and roll out into thin rotis.
- Fry on hot tawa both sides by adding little oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with Sarson Ka Saag or pickles of your choice.