We all are fond of maintaining our health and we want to follow some diet plans. So when I got a chance to interact with the Dietitian Sheela Seharawat who is one of the youngest successful entrepreneur of India and founder & chief mentor of Diet Clinic Health Care Pvt Ltd http://www.dietclinic.co.in , I asked her for some tips.
Here are some of the tips given by her.
It is a known fact that a proper diet plays a major role in the development of a healthy and active lifestyle. However, still then many of us ignore simple dietary advises and tend to pick up extreme and complicated diet plans for quicker and faster results. This does help in the initial level but you get back to the same conditions as you were before very soon after your dietary regime is over.
The need to stop and consider that planning a diet plan with some valuable tips is essential to progress with a diet plan that will give results for a longer time. It is important that we eat healthy and keep in track. Planning the meals in advance with room for preparation is the key in getting healthy and delicious food. Shedding those extra kilos is always a challenging task for many of us, but with these valuable diet tips we can promote good health and weight loss:-
- One should be creative when it is about menus and recipes. It is difficult to give up those favorite foods loaded with fats and unhealthy elements, like saturated and trans fats. Opt for the ones that have monounsaturated fats and lesser calorie counts if we really want to get results out of our diet.
- Take things slow and steady. If in the first week or so, you do not find the scale moving, than do not get discouraged. It is always better to eat less and healthy and allow the body to get adjusted rather than going on in a crash diet.
- Control your cravings. It is bound to happen that you get serious cravings for sweet and salty foods, and at times it is quite difficult to manage. Instead of picking up those unhealthy sweets and munchies, take to sweet fruits and crunch vegetables to reduce the cravings. These food will control the urge without damaging the effects of your diets.
- Adhere to the rule and keep watch on your calories. It does not matter what diet you are on, but it is very important to keep control on your calorie intake. Ensure that the menu you choose and the recipes that you adopt has the fat intake evenly spread throughout the day.
Mentioned below are some recipes that are easy and interesting to make your diet fill with varieties:-
- Oats Soup: in a pan heat a few drops of cooking oil and add chopped onions, green chilly and garlic and sauté a little. Add a cup of oats and fry for two minutes. Add salt and water and let it come to boil. Add a cup of milk and some pepper powder and allow it to boil for a couple of minutes. Serve hot in a bowl with garnishing it with some cilantro or green onions. In order to make it healthier you can add carrots and green peas.
- Broccoli Parantha: boil some broccoli florets and grind it into a paste with some turmeric powder, garlic, garam masala and green chilies. Knead a dough with the grounded mixture, wheat flour, all-purpose flour, minced onions, carom seeds and salt. Make chapatti balls, roll out like chapattis and make Parantha out of it by adding a few drops of ghee or oil.
The same method could be applied to make a variety of healthy and delicious paranthas like avocado, turnip, tofu, radish and spinach.
Providing yourself with healthy food cooked at home will give you the satisfaction of your efforts in maintaining good health. It is important that we focus on ourselves and