On the occasion of Christmas and New Year, Chef Ayesha Nallaseth, Culinary Product Specialist, Tupperware India has given an interesting Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe. I am sharing the same here.
- 1 Tropical Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tropical Cup Butter (unsalted)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Tropical Cup Plain flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 4 tbsp Condensed milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder (dalchini)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder (elaichi)
- ½ Tropical Cup Apple juice or 1/3 Tropical Cup Orange juice
- 1 Tropical Cup Mixed dry fruits (sultanas, raisins, cherries, prunes, dates, mixed peels) roughly chopped
- 1 Tropical Cup Mixed nuts (walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds) roughly chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Add roughly chopped mixed fruits and nuts to fruit juice in a bowl and mix well. Leave it to stand for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Fold butter and brown sugar with the whisk, till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the above soaked dry fruits and nuts, condensed milk in to the butter mixture.
- Using Silicone Spatula fold flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg powder into the butter mixture.
- Pour the batter into Princess Round Silicone Mould and bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Cool, and remove from the mould and serve.