As winter has started, I thought of making some soup which is healthy and tasty. In my home, I was having some pumpkins and immediately started making pumpkin soup. There are many versions of pumpkin soup. But this soup is very easy to make and simple. You can serve this with soup sticks or bread toast.
Let us go to the recipe.
Yellow Pumpkin Soup
- Yellow Pumpkin Pieces - 1 cup
- Onion - ½ cut into small pieces
- Garlic - 4 cloves cut into fine pieces
- Corn Flour - 2 tsps.
- Milk - ½ cup
- Salt - as needed
- Pepper - as needed
- Butter - 2 tsps.
- Water - as needed
- In a pan heat butter and add chopped onions and garlic and fry till raw smell goes.
- Now add the pumpkin pieces and add a cup of water and cook till the pumpkin becomes tender.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool down.
- Now, take the cooked pumpkin in a mixer and grind to a fine paste.
- Mix milk with corn flour well and boil in a pan.
- When it boils and thickens, add the ground pumpkin and some more water if the soup is thick.
- Add salt and pepper and boil the soup in medium flame till the soup thickens.
- Serve hot with soup sticks or toasted bread.