This is a simple and easy recipe which tastes good with rice or dosa. This dish needs simple ingredients to make. This is a very good vegan recipe. Only with small eggplant this dish tastes good. I always like eggplants and I make it a point to cook eggplants in different ways at home.
Eggplants are low calorie food which are rich in fiber and antioxidants. Brinjal is also very good for our heart as it is rich in potassium, vitamin B-6 and phytonutrients like flavonoids. As they are low in carbohydrates these are good for people with diabetics. You can use nonstick pan to make this dish as we are frying it. Otherwise it needs more oil to cook.
Small Eggplant Fry
- Small Eggplant - 12
- Red Chilli Powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Dhania Powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp.
- Wash and clean the small eggplants and slice thinly and keep in water. If you do not keep in water, brinjals will become black.
- Now heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add the sliced eggplants, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dhania powder and salt and mix well.
- Keep in low flame and fry till the eggplants gets fried nicely and switch off the stove.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.