We use pumpkins in variety of dishes. This is a very nice dosa which we make with white pumpkin. This can be given to kids as it has lots of health benefits. I had extra pumpkins at home. So thought of making this. There is no need of fermenting and we can make this dosa instantly after grinding.
Poosanikkai Dosa / Pumpkin Dosa
- Dosa rice or raw rice - 1 cup
- Peeled and chopped white pumpkin - 1 cup
- Red chillies - 3
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Soak rice in enough water for 1 hour.
- Grind the rice along with pumpkins, red chillies and salt to a smooth mixture by adding little water in a mixer grinder.
- Add the cumin seeds and salt and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan and make dosas by adding 1 tsp. of oil around the dosa.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato chutney.